America’s military pilots depend on our fleet of aerial refueling tankers. Aerial tankers refuel military aircraft mid-flight and allow pilots to combat America’s enemies far away from their home bases.
Boeing is prepared to deliver the next-generation KC-46 refueling tanker to the Air Force later this year and begin replacing America’s aging tanker fleet.
Here are the top 7 reasons why America needs an upgraded tanker fleet:
1. America’s tanker fleet is more than 50 years old. Many of the current tankers refueling America’s military aircraft date back to President Eisenhower’s administration!
2. The next-generation KC-46 has a state-of-the-art defensive system that keeps American troops safe, transports cargo, and evacuates wounded soldiers.
3. The KC-46 provides a longer range than the U.S. Air Force’s current refueling tankers. That extended range will help our pilots conduct security missions without running low on fuel.
4. A new tanker fleet allows America to more effectively conduct humanitarian missions — saving lives all over the world.
5. Innovative technology makes the upgraded KC-46 the most sophisticated aerial refueling tanker ever. The next generation KC-46 uses space-age refueling normally deployed to dock spacecraft to the International Space Station. The digital refueling display employs 3-D imaging to guide equipment into place faster and safer than ever before.
6. American companies champion the KC-46 — more than 600 suppliers in 42 states are working to deliver the KC-46 to the U.S. Air Force.
7. The next-generation KC-46 provides jobs for more than 40,000 American workers building a tanker capable of refueling military aircraft all over the world.